[Fot] Mounting Hoosier Speedsters on rims

Subject: [Fot] Mounting Hoosier Speedsters on rims
From: billdentin at aol.com (Bill Dentinger)
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 16:52:26 -0400
Tim...

Shouldn?t you be talking to HOOSIER? They used to be great with their Customer
Service.

Bill

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Saturday, June 30, 2018, timmmurphh--- via Fot <fot at autox.team.net> wrote:

I just had a new set of Hoosier Speedsters mounted on the Revolution rims we
are using.  The first shop I took them to could not get them to seat on the
rims.  They were limited as to much air pressure they were allowed to use to
seat the tires on the rim.  The second shop also had the same problem and only
got the tires to seat on the rims with 150 PSI air pressure.  He set the tire
and wheel out side around the corner in case either exploded.  Fortunately,
they didn?t.

We have been using the Hoosier Speedsters in 205/60R-15 on these wheels for
about 10 years and this is the first time we have had this problem.  Did they
change the design of the bead on the tires and has anybody else had this
problem?  The second shop thought it might be the design of the wheel, but like
I said, we?ve used these wheels for about 10 years with these Hoosiers.  I?d be
interested if anyone has had a set of the 205/60R-15 mounted on the Panasport
wheels and if they had problems.

For a while there it looked like we wouldn?t make the Kcup because we couldn?t
get the tires on the wheels!  The tires this new set replaced were from
September last year and they were also the same size Hoosiers.  No problem
mounting them last year.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on my problem.

Tim Murphy

#317 TR4

fot at autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com