[Fot] Bore gauge

Subject: [Fot] Bore gauge
From: Bill at ponostyle.com (Bill)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 07:07:13 -0700
I generally used a telescoping gauge plus a micrometer?because that?s what I
had. Not super accurate and it requires some care and experience to use it. I
bought a cheap bore gauge set called ?Anytime? from Amazon, and it?s marginally
better than my telescoping gauges in that I can fiddle with it to find the
largest diameter with the gauge in place. Calibration is an issue. I think it
was a hundred bucks. When I was looking for a gauge last year I was surprised
at the price for Mitutoyo. $350 for the simple one, and up quickly from there.
I don?t think I?d use the ?Anytime? to bore cylinders, but for checking it?s
fine. Then again I used to use telescope gauges to bore cylinders and I can?t
get the same result twice in a row with them.