Re: [TR] Sandblast or not

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Sandblast or not
From: Hoyt Duff <hoytduff@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 16:58:13 -0400
On 10/28/16, alistair.hewitt@gmail.com <alistair.hewitt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whatever you do, donâ??t use a pressure washer in the garage!   I hung tarps
> and covered everything with plastic sheets, and still had to deal with
> pretty much everything in the garage being wet.    I was disappointed in the
> results too â?? I suppose it did remove a lot of dust and soil type dirt, but
> anything greasy would need a detergent or heat to get rid of it.   I used a
> fairly powerful home-type pressure washer â?? about 3000 psi and 3gpm.   I
> hoped that a lot of the looser underseal would come off, but only the stuff
> I could peel off by hand was moved.

I recently purchased this pressure washer from Lowe's for $99.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks-1-600-PSI-1-2-GPM-Cold-Water-Electric-Pressure-Washer/50353388

It provides a spinning tip as well as two standard tips, and a quart
container to hold degrease/soap as you spray.

Using a cleaning product named "Greased Lightening", I have degreased
and cleaned several cars in the driveway. For the money, it's hard to
beat.

--
Hoyt

** triumphs@autox.team.net **