Re: [TR] Fuel mix

To: "'Gary Nafziger'" <nafzigerg@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Fuel mix
From: "John Macartney" <john.macartney@ukpips.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 21:41:22 +0100
FWIW, fifty five odd years ago as an Apprentice at Jaguar (and later on after
qualifying, at Standard Triumph) both companies had exactly the same procedures
for fuel mixture adjustment and Iâ??ve followed those guidelines ever since. I
followed them because I proved conclusively they made sense and â??shortcutsâ??
always gave an inferior result.

Task 1. Check all valve clearances 'cold'. Adjust as necessary.

Task 2. Fit new contact points, ensure gap is correct and ensure static and
dynamic timing is to factory spec.

Task 3. Adjust carbs following instructions as per those issued by SU or
Stromberg.

The reality is doing all this is a PITA because of the time it takes but I was
never able to get a satisfactory outcome by doing it otherwise.

Good luck

Jonmac