Re: [TR] Loctite

To: triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Loctite
From: Lee Janssen <lee.k.janssen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 13:00:54 -0700

--001a11353372cec5c20528afcf4e

The Loctite website for threadlocker red (271) "It is only removable once
cured by heating up parts to 500 F".
Which is udder rubbish. I use it quite a bit and have never had to heat
parts to remove them. I have found that it is stronger the loctite blue
(242) but not by a whole heck of a lot. In theory a thorough cleaning
should improve performance; however, I haven't noticed any great
improvement. When in doubt I always use a NEW distorted / deformed lock nut.

Enjoy
Lee Janssen
Denver CO

--001a11353372cec5c20528afcf4e

It is only removable once cured by heating up parts to 500 F&quot;.<br></di=
v><div>Which is udder rubbish. I use it quite a bit and have never had to h=
eat parts to remove them. I have found that it is stronger the loctite blue=
 (242) but not by a whole heck of a lot. In theory a thorough cleaning shou=
ld improve performance; however, I haven&#39;t noticed any great improvemen=
t. When in doubt I always use a NEW distorted / deformed lock nut.</div><di=

--001a11353372cec5c20528afcf4e--

--===============0731132418552405192==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive