Re: [TR] Installing sidescreen plexi-glass

To: wbeech <wbeech@flash.net>,triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Installing sidescreen plexi-glass
From: Bob And Joy <tr3abobm77@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 21:39:51 -0400

------4VVPUG7QAV5BM4NO1XBJ8W76ODJ6DV

When I did mine, I used a razor blade, cut the stitches by sliding the blade
between the vinyl and the plexiglass, pulled out the stitches and then the
panel. I placed the old panel on top of the new one and marked all the
stitching holes on to the new panel through the holes on the old panel using a
large sewing needle. I then used a 1/16 drill bit and drilled all the holes at
the marks. Lastly, I put the window back in the frame and used heavy upholstery
thread and sewed the new window back in. I went back and forth through the
holes from one end to the other and then back to the other end going through
the holes the opposite direction so it looks machine sewed but it isn't.
Bob Maassel

--
------4VVPUG7QAV5BM4NO1XBJ8W76ODJ6DV
 charset=utf-8

stitches by sliding the blade between the vinyl and the plexiglass, pulled out
the stitches and then the panel. I placed the old panel on top of the new one
and marked all the stitching holes on to the new panel through the holes on the
old panel using a large sewing needle. I then used a 1/16 drill bit and drilled
all the holes at the marks. Lastly, I put the window back in the frame and used
heavy upholstery thread and sewed the new window back in. I went back and forth
through the holes from one end to the other and then back to the other end
going through the holes the opposite direction so it looks machine sewed but it
isn&#39;t. <br>
EDT, wbeech &lt;wbeech@flash.net&gt; wrote:<blockquote class="gmail_quote"
style="margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204);
padding-left: 1ex;">
<pre class="k9mail"><br />My side screens are in pretty good shape except that
the plexiglass is<br />brittle and cracking.  I see how to replace the slider
by lifting it up and<br />slipping it in but the front piece is stitched.  Is
there a workaround for<br />this stitching?  Maybe a bead of clear silicone?
triumphs@autox.team.net **<br /><br />Donate: <a
href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";>http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
/>Archive: <a
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a><br />Forums:
/>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/tr3abobm77@frontier.com";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/tr3abobm77@frontier.com</a><br
-- <br>
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my
brevity.</body></html>
------4VVPUG7QAV5BM4NO1XBJ8W76ODJ6DV--

--===============0050825532891071611==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **