Re: [TR] what happened?

To: Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com>, Chris Simo <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] what happened?
From: ptegler <ptegler@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:56:11 -0400
Cc: list Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--===============7340820393353640225==
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_AGg2N915uI7hHYskF5dOFA)"

--Boundary_(ID_AGg2N915uI7hHYskF5dOFA)

seconded...
     blue is 'burning' oil, not just super heated oil blowby which is
usually white.
If it dissipates almost immediately it's water, if it lingers for a
moment or three.... its oil

ptegler

--
Paul Tegler ptegler@verizon.net www.teglerizer.com

--Boundary_(ID_AGg2N915uI7hHYskF5dOFA)

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    seconded...<br>
        blue is 'burning' oil, not just super heated oil blowby which is
    usually white.<br>
    If it dissipates almost immediately it's water, if it lingers for a
    moment or three.... its oil<br>
    ptegler<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CADm3DLFMbMGs56p=GzE6PP=eJCCKaaE3MU_CzoLT9jTBUmZXOg@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
        water/coolant.  On my TR4 engine that had been freshly rebuilt
        when I bought it I had billowing clouds of white smoke.  After
        several head gasket changes I finally realized that the new
        liners (liner &amp; piston kit) had not been cross hatched so
        the rings didn't seat.  This allowed for massive amounts of oil
        to be sucked up and out the exhaust.  Result was white smoke.
          so the rings would seal?</div>
              Chris Simo <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="mailto:ccsimonsen@gmail.com";
target="_blank">ccsimonsen@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span>
              wrote:<br>
                .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                  smoke would indicate to me a blown head gasket and
                  water on the plugs.
                    when you fixed the oil ring?   Probably not
                    recommended, but I've reused them (1x)  in the past,
                    but always painted them with the copper coat head
                    gasket paint.<br>
                      the pistons only -- no water in the oil.  But you
                      may want to check your oil for contamination.</div>
                        0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc
                        solid;padding-left:1ex">
      <pre wrap="">
** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
      Paul Tegler
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"