[TR] Can't pull cam from block

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Can't pull cam from block
From: "Lee Daniels" <lee@automate-it.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 10:38:36 -0500
I have an old TR6 block in unknown condition but no visible damage or cracks.
I think it's from a '73. Mostly stripped down but head still attached and
pistons/rods in place. Crank and essentially everything else removed. Valves
are still in place (since head is on) but rockers/pushrods removed. I've got
it upside-down on an engine stand, and thought I'd just pull the camshaft out.
It moves out about 1/4", then hits a hard stop - what's it hitting? It spins
freely and moves in and out freely until it hits the stop.

thanks
 Lee

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive