Re: [TR] stuck differential driving flanges

To: "'Sujit Roy'" <triumphstag@gmail.com>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] stuck differential driving flanges
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 05:30:10 -0700
Do they have press plates that fit snugly behind the drilled flange, so that it
is completely supported?  Or are they trying to
press the bearing off at the same time?  Mine popped right off with the flange
supported.

Another thing that might help is to rap on the other end of the shaft while
it's under pressure in the press, to set up some
vibration in the joint.  I find that does the trick with TR3 rear hubs (which
use a similar joint and are notorious for being
difficult to get off).  Try not to damage the splines, but light damage can be
cleaned up afterwards with a 3 corner file.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive