[TR] What hone to use

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] What hone to use
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 10:58:58 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hi,

I am getting ready to do a ring job on my Spitfire engine because the rings did
not seat correctly after a rebuild.

I plan on honing the cylinders.  The cylinders hopefully are in good condition
as they were bored out approximately 5,000 miles ago.  I am hoping for some
guidance on what type and grit of hone to use.  Are the brush hones the way to
go for this?

I know this is some what speculative without seeing the hones, but I am hoping
someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Roger Elliott

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive