Re: [TR] Lets talk oil some more

To: <fogbro1@comcast.net>, "'Frank Magnusson'" <fmags@cox.net>, "'triumph list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Lets talk oil some more
From: "John Macartney" <john.macartney@ukpips.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 21:18:36 +0100
No there isn't, if that same oil was available today, which it is not.

It's worth remembering that Mr. Castrol blends the 'same' oil in varying ways,
depending on market. While it seems that Castrol 20W/50 in the US no longer has
the same levels of ZDDP, this is not the case for us in Europe. Castrol Classic
20W/50 is widely available and while it has many of the features of the 'old'
type of oil, it has a few more recent additions and the lack of or reduced
amount of zinc isn't on the agenda. Zinc levels are the same as heretofore. I
suppose we're lucky? Castrol and Duckhams still blend the original formulas of
the 60's and 70's and smaller companies like Morris Oils make a whole raft of
stuff (single and multigrade) for machinery going back for more than a century.

Jonmac

---

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive