Re: [TR] Brake drum grabbing

To: Joe Burlein <floridatr6@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Brake drum grabbing
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 07:10:24 -0700
Cc: list Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--20cf302ef3ca326f8c051a5db3f1

Joe -

First suspect that I think of when a rear brake locks up is a bad wheel
cylinder.

A test would be if the brake releases immediately when you crack open the
bleeder.

Fortunately, if that is the cause the fix is cheap & easy.

Geo

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 6:55 AM, Joe Burlein <floridatr6@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> It has been one of those summers for the TR6. Almost to the point of
> wanting to drive her into the river and leave her there!
>
> Today's problem is a left rear drum that is locking up under braking. I
> went to push the 72 out of the garage (after releasing the e-brake) and
> found the brakes locked up on the left rear side. We got her to finally
> move by rocking her back and forth. Everything seemed to be fine until I
> stopped quickly on a drive. That side locked up. Under slow normal braking
> it is fine. Suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe B
>

> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

--20cf302ef3ca326f8c051a5db3f1

/div><div>A test would be if the brake releases immediately when you crack =
 class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 a=
t 6:55 AM, Joe Burlein <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:floridatr6@c=
fl.rr.com" target=3D"_blank">floridatr6@cfl.rr.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br=
px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">It has been one of those summers for the TR=
6. Almost to the point of wanting to drive her into the river and leave her=
 there!<br>
Today&#39;s problem is a left rear drum that is locking up under braking. I=
 went to push the 72 out of the garage (after releasing the e-brake) and fo=
und the brakes locked up on the left rear side. We got her to finally move =
by rocking her back and forth. Everything seemed to be fine until I stopped=
 quickly on a drive. That side locked up. Under slow normal braking it is f=
ine. Suggestions?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Joe B<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> *=