Re: [TR] Other Triumph Forums

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Other Triumph Forums
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 14:01:36 -0700
--===============0040778373848286972==
 boundary="------------040907090703080107030204"

On 3/31/15 11:12 AM, jimmuller@rcn.com wrote:
> I remember fluif.  And Dale Cook, Ovr Fovnder.
I hadn't thought about Dale in years.  In 1986 I was occasionally
posting questions about my TR3 on rec.autos when Dale emailed me and
said he was starting up a new email list and asked if I wanted to be one
of the initial members.  He worked at Apollo computers and had the list
running on one of the company computers.

As I recall he had an MGB that he kept in a tiny single car garage that
had stone walls and a dirt floor.  I'm not sure but I think in the end
he said that he and his wife were getting a little too round to easily
get in and out of the MGB.

Back then I was using a 128K Mac with terminal emulation software
connected to a HP Mini in HP Labs.  HP Labs was directly connected to
the backbone.  I was using Elle software on UNIX to post.  Glad those
days are over.  No more UNIX shell commands or Elle.

But I still miss some of the folks that were part of the old british car
mail list.

TeriAnn

--------------040907090703080107030204

  <head>
  </head>
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:jimmuller@rcn.com";>jimmuller@rcn.com</a>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:588387634.222165885.1427825547933.JavaMail.root@rcn.com"
      type="cite">
        font-size: 12pt; color: #000000">I remember fluif.  And Dale
        Cook, Ovr Fovnder.<br>
    I hadn't thought about Dale in years.  In 1986 I was occasionally
    posting questions about my TR3 on rec.autos when Dale emailed me and
    said he was starting up a new email list and asked if I wanted to be
    one of the initial members.  He worked at Apollo computers and had
    the list running on one of the company computers.<br>
    As I recall he had an MGB that he kept in a tiny single car garage
    that had stone walls and a dirt floor.  I'm not sure but I think in
    the end he said that he and his wife were getting a little too round
    to easily get in and out of the MGB.<br>
    Back then I was using a 128K Mac with terminal emulation software
    connected to a HP Mini in HP Labs.  HP Labs was directly connected
    to the backbone.  I was using Elle software on UNIX to post.  Glad
    those days are over.  No more UNIX shell commands or Elle.<br>
    But I still miss some of the folks that were part of the old british
    car mail list.<br>
    TeriAnn<br>

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive