Re: [TR] Gasket removal

To: "'Jeff Scarbrough'" <fishplate@gmail.com>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Gasket removal
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:26:45 -0700
> This has probably been beaten to death around the Interwebs, but
> what's the current wisdom for removing petrified paper gaskets, such
> as the float bowl gasket on a Z-S CD150?

I picked up a can of Loctite "Chisel" gasket remover.
http://www.henkelna.com/product-search-1554.htm?nodeid=8797899325441

Seems to work well, although it is kind of slow and tedious.  You spray it on,
wait for it to soften the top layer, scrape that away
and do it again.

Likely any "aircraft" paint stripper with methylene chloride would work, but
I've only tried the Loctite version.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive