Re: [TR] grease gun

To: dave n <dave@ranteer.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] grease gun
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 17:53:43 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--047d7b8748d46754dc0510bc5920

In my experience, almost any grease gun with a hose will suit for all but 3
zerks on a TR4.

For the u-joints on the driveshaft you may have to use a long zerk (some
u-joints came with these) as the space it too tight for some grease gun
tips.

For the zerk on the propshaft/driveshaft slider you'll need some sort of
right-angle attachment to reach in there.

Of course the grease for the steering rack requires you temporarily replace
a bolt (holds a ground cable) with a zerk to get the job done.

If you have used tie-rod ends w/o zerks ('lifetime lubed') you might
consider a needle attachment that lets you add some grease to the boot.

Geo

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 4:02 PM, dave n <dave@ranteer.com> wrote:

>   I have a tr6 and a tr4.
>
> looking for recommendations on a grease gun that will get all the grease
> points and the trunnions
>
> thanks!
>

> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

--047d7b8748d46754dc0510bc5920

oints on the driveshaft you may have to use a long zerk (some u-joints came=
 with these) as the space it too tight for some grease gun tips.</div><div>=
div><div>Of course the grease for the steering rack requires you temporaril=
y replace a bolt (holds a ground cable) with a zerk to get the job done.</d=
me lubed&#39;) you might consider a needle attachment that lets you add som=
"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 4:02 PM=
, dave n <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dave@ranteer.com"; target=
gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-=
left:1ex">
pt">
se=20
points and the trunnions</div>