Re: [TR] Lights-on ignition-off alarm

To: "'Lee Janssen'" <lee.k.janssen@gmail.com>, "'triumphs'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Lights-on ignition-off alarm
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 18:42:37 -0700
> Current cars have an alarm when you leave you lights on when
> the ignition
> is off.
> Does anyone know of an aftermarket device that will perform
> this function
> for a TR6?

Here's a couple of ways to roll your own:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/et245.htm

You could also do the first solution with an in-line diode rather than the
relay.

There have been times when I wanted to leave the lights on, without listening
to the buzzer, so my preference would be to include an
easy way to defeat it.  One solution might be a big capacitor in series, so it
would just chirp once as you turned the key off, then
shut up.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive