[TR] move coil from side of block

To: “triumphs list“ <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] move coil from side of block
From: Allen Hess <allenhess@mgcarclub.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 12:18:52 -0400
X_cmae_category: , , a=Nh+kvCJuytLQtmZWZsSZsQ==:17 a=1GtspROMyXkA:10 a=kj9zAlcOel0A:10 a=rgFOHuIoAAAA:8 a=cnj4vJ7tdMDubE-zeAkA:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=Nh+kvCJuytLQtmZWZsSZsQ==:117
Has anyone moved the ignition coil from the side of the block to the
inner fender or considered doing it to reduce the heat and vibration?
Any conclusions as to the result? I have a TR4 but it applies to most
Triumphs. The current coil, gold Lucas Sport is 15 years old, not a
lot of mileage on it. I had a coil go bad many years ago and the
engine was missing badly before it quit completely. This coil isn't
that bad but there's a roughness at speed (40-55 mph) that I can't
pinpoint. Everything else has been tried, so a new coil is on the way.

Allen

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive