Re: [TR] oil pump prep

To: Peter Arakelian <peterara@msn.com>, Listers <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] oil pump prep
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 08:12:37 -0500
Peter,

I did the same thing as with bearings, pistons etc. I used engine
assemble lube during assembly. The red stuff.

This includes the gear and shaft as well.

I have heard of some owners, using a drill to prime the pump before
installing the drive shaft but I did not have to do that step.

After full engine assembly, I just cranked it without spark plugs until
I saw some pressure indicated on the gauge. Once fired up and running,
pressure was what you would expect from a fresh rebuilt engine. Plenty
of oil in the rocker shaft.

Bob

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive