Re: [TR] Drum Brake Questions

To: William Brewer <wsb1960tr3a@att.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Drum Brake Questions
From: Jack Mc <McGaheyRx@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 22:02:09 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
If this car has old rubber lines, they can swell internally to the point that
they will cut off return flow of fluid - you can apply pressure and force
fluid thru the constriction, but the fluid will not return - leaving the
brakes locked. That would account for the reoccurrence after backing off the
adjustment - but it would be weird if it happened to all the lines at once -
one usually discovers this when it happens to one line resulting in the car
pulling hard to one side after braking.

Merry Christmas to all!
Jack Mc

Sent from my iPad