Re: [TR] TR6 Fuel Pump vs Tach Cable

To: William Brewer <wsb1960tr3a@att.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Fuel Pump vs Tach Cable
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 09:17:25 -0500
Bill,

If you decide to go electric fuel pump, both the Facet and the NAPA do
make some chatter. At least on my 3, 4 and 6, I dont hear it once the
engine starts.

I have the them all mounted on the drivers side outside of the spare
tire space. The 3 and 4 are mounted directly to the rear and on the 6 on
the rear/left side.

Conventional wisdom says that they should be mounted as close to the gas
tank as possible.

All 3 have a fuel filter before the pump and a Holley regulator mounted
in the space where the AC fuel pump mounted. I also put a fuel filter
before the regulator (overkill I guess).

In order to reduce the chatter, mount the pump with rubber washers.

I Think Joe Alexander can supply the blanking plates. If I remember
correctly, I contacted him when I was looking for a plate for my TR4. I
may have the first prototype in the 4. I went on his website, he has a
link for the 3 - 4A but no mention of the 6. I am sure I got my 6 plate
from him.

http://gasketinnovations.com/index.php/engine-components/product/58-fbs-t24

Bob

** triumphs@autox.team.net **