Re: [TR] Works TR3s at Goodwood Revival 2013

To: Don Hiscock <don.hiscock@gmail.com> s=q20121106; t=1380061667; bh=bKiNjXY//8/sZ8ZDajcLnGPnpq7W+odKZ50I7Oare24=; h=Received:Received:Content-Type:Mime-Version:Subject:From:Date: Message-Id:To; b=LKou9d09yqgDjgwMaUo0dBUGlYrUhpbs/lWO8pVDJxY6V6EAjN0tVHCklaYJMIN/O xWpymAYj4ty/i1vy5ba5tWQCk4QKP1JBlal5wv6nlZZWmjSEh8JosWwoMzbbCPGukp 50VtFGHx0E/3++fSx9zHicenqi5G4Wi0FN+4YuVyOVM8/hjotZtPrmKEa9uRhqXQEC u6j0ZaNSJNs9lvw2HXt7VKVIXVvyO8REVL7xVM4cPXG8wm/PLgrWWEJdafDNALcPQ3 8mp1avcLQISRJIfHks1JVVLSgfFVquYQj4nw1QhcoLRCtNZ426GRa2ylMmnOhoitJG F6YDzdqBnzz8Q==
Subject: Re: [TR] Works TR3s at Goodwood Revival 2013
From: William Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 15:27:46 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
I will heartily second going to Goodwood, it is simply amazing, you will never
regret going there.
and
I told folks that my TR3 was legal with door handles b& no one believed the
existence of the "Continental Kit".

http://4xdog.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=32061434&AlbumKey=trkL7S

> There's obviously a ton that's been replaced and modified on these cars,
> but enough remains to satisfy the British DVLA that they're entitled to the
> original registration numbers.  No photos of them on the track during the
> Fordwater Trophy race, alas.  The last three photos are of the cars
> returning through the paddock post-race.
>
> There's a lot of tiny detail that might be interesting to some, if a bit
> esoteric.  Note the clever cutout switch on the Beige/Sunset Red car --
> routed through the demister vents and clamped to the windscreen stanchion
> plate in a fully-reversible mouting.
>
> For anyone considering it, a trip to the Goodwood Revival is HIGHLY
> recommended.  A simply amazing event.

"Life is too short to drive boring cars"

Bill Pugh
1957 TR3 "Casper"p;
TS16765L
Wallace, CA