[TR] Alternator mounting

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net> s=q20121106; t=1369870267; bh=8Yl/KMsxDHCbUIgHy2AIK4Yr8c0QT3nL4PBKRYvwWfg=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=Cx7fmoVqiRbMcC8yUZHmteQfSo+egZNL+QgcEYDOmVA60eWzK2j9hACdLafUdfwmw JqE8KFN6ODeVuBUy5c4/jzKLZxm0jO+cWbpaqiYnqtaPbiZ/xq1W1zSHNfIIb+ueXc LJdCJ0+Kzv+5FkTdfZkv57W/2L5DcOWOFXnrfPhEfqo1HaaR7nK6n1mIi784ZkuhK4 NtNsLbybC9gkIVywtZ/KKGZ01J+G1OgjEuJXmB6ccbezZzD/tNtiESmSYfRC+1fh+q QDoquwNPAipN9XHi0hiNOI8GN6BVzaAvSWeJCwDetgvxYj+vlZZtIzJCHHa4lIjRd0 mwr6Ou9UGX1Aw==
Subject: [TR] Alternator mounting
From: fogbro1@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 23:31:06 +0000 (UTC)
List,

I don't believe I understand the problem. Here's the message I received
regarding the alternator mounting. Can anyone shed any light on it? Can't the
alternator just be rotated 180 degrees to fit the late cars? What am I missing
here?

"Think I found the problem. Look at the pix below. My adjustment bracket is
under the alternator where all the pictures show the bracket on top. Assuming
mtg is same for all TR6 models at least the holes in the motor for the lower
bracket think I can order a bracket from a 74 as shown in these pix and install
it so the alternator will bolt up? If so I need to get it done quick since we
need a working alternator for the car. Unless you have something in your
inventory. Let me know
Thx"

TIA,

Ed Woods