Re: [TR] TR3 Headlamp "Pull my hair out' Issues

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Headlamp "Pull my hair out' Issues
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 08:45:21 -0400 (EDT)
Full-name: Dave1massey
The wiring diagram looks right.

A couple of quick questions: Can you hear the relays activate/deactivate
when you operate the switch?  If the relays are not working make sure you have
12 volts across the windings of the relays.  (Just in case you didn't
figure this out the little circles with the + signs are ground connections.  It
took me a few seconds to figure that out)  Also make sure the relays are
wired up correctly.  If you swapped the winding and contact connections either
nothing will happen or you will pop fuses.  Also make sure the headlights
themselves are grounded.

Does the high beam indicator on the dash work?

If you have a volt meter measure the light blue and/or purple wires where
they connect to the relays.  Put the other meter lead to ground.  Do you get
12 volts there?

Lastly (or maybe firstly), make sure the dipper switch is functional.
Nothing will work it that is shot.

Dave

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive