Re: [TR] gauges- wiggling and bouncing

To: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] gauges- wiggling and bouncing
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 23:28:53 +0000
---- Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com> wrote:
> The first is the oil pressure gauge which is the mechanical type.  The
> readings seem to be accurate but the needle quivers or vibrates like crazy.

I sincerely hope this is not the problem : I've seen that with an engine that
had spun a bearing.

> The second problem is the speedometer.  The needle fluctuates about 1 to 4
> mph while driving. I'm certain it's the speedometer cable.  The cable is
> brand new

FWIW, my problem was caused by the odo & trip meter mechanisms binding, which
put a periodic load on the cable, causing the new cable to wind up and unwind.
But it was bouncing a whole lot more than 1-4 mph.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive