Re: [TR] Gas tak breather

Subject: Re: [TR] Gas tak breather
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 05:25:26 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Your gas cap has a hole in it?  Must not  be stock.

Every TR3 cap that I have had, had a hole that appeared to be original.
Including the one kindly sent to me by a lister after the original got
stolen on my previous TR3A.  Not through the chrome part, obviously, but the
inner plate that actually covers the opening to the tank.
http://goo.gl/y5uCn

And I've been blocking off the tank vent since about 1975, when I noticed
that it dumped raw fuel onto the road when turning left with a full tank.
No apparent ill effects, even running at full throttle for extended periods
of time.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive