Re: [TR] Your own T5 Conversion

To: 'Frank Fisher' <yellowtr3@yahoo.com>, 'William Brewer' <wsb1960tr3a@att.net>, 'Triumphs' <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Your own T5 Conversion
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@indiefilmnet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 17:17:00 -0500
Hi Frank:

We're getting to the point where a 3D printer could produce the bell housing.
The original printers were using a flow of sintered metals, but I think they
are mostly plastics now and not suitable. It will be interesting to see what
comes up in the next years. I read of a guy planning to print sections of a
large house.

That said, I think the existing 3D printers could easily produce the shape for
making a casting mould.

Mark
1972 TR6