Re: [TR] TR3 Rack and Pinion

To: <fogbro1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Rack and Pinion
From: Jonas Payne <jagmog@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 19:12:00 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Wowb&b&b&food for thought

MGbs and TR4bs have them and donbt fail to feel too sporty, My XK 150 on
the other hand is another animal altogether, but certainly better than the
contemporary American Iron.

Morgans use the same burman box that TRbs do and there is really no
comparison between the two.  Frankly, the Morgan feels more precise than the
TR on any but the roughest surfaces.

Healey uses a wormgear too, but there is no comparison between that and a TR
either, Healey goes (went) down the road with great feel and response.

The TR is like Mr. Toads Wild Ride.   Feels more like a MGTC than competition
for an MGA .  Would rather push the TR than drive an MG, but admittedly, the
steering is crude.

Jonas Payne

PBR Consulting

702-882-6711