[TR] Fwd: Winter Driving

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Fwd: Winter Driving
From: Joe DeMuth <jdemuth@ties2.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 10:59:59 -0600
> I bought my first TR3 the year I graduated from college. I drove it all
winter long, commuting to my job but also driving home for the holidays from
Minneapolis to southwestern Minnesota.

> While at home, the temp nose-dived to twenty below. There was a New Year's
Eve party that I was committed to attending and of course, the TR was frozen
solid. A charcoal fire in a garbage

> can lid for four hours thawed it out enough to turn over, and I made the
party on time. Even had time to stop in New Ulm and pick up a college buddy
and several bottles of wine for the party.

> But that was the last winter I had the car. In the spring the choice was
keep the car or marry the gal that hosted the party, I couldn't afford both,
so I went with, and still have the party host.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive