[TR] TR6 windshield mounting

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6Pack List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6 windshield mounting
From: "Joseph Laurito" <trglory@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 21:39:00 -0500
I'm preparing the windshield prior to mounting and have a few questions for
the group. The rubber seal that fits between the windshield frame and the
scuttle is a fairly tight fit. Should it be glued to the frame and, if so,
what adhesives are recommended. Is it a good idea to use some sort of
caulking between the seal and the body of the car to insure water tightness?
I see that the seal has a tendency to curl under the windshield frame. How
do you keep it flat? My initial thoughts where to use a length of twine to
pull it out while tightening the frame mounts, but that won't work if
caulking is required.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

** triumphs@autox.team.net **