Re: [TR] Cars in movies & TV

To: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Cars in movies & TV
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 22:40:25 -0600
"So am I the only one when watching the classic chase scene in the movie
Bullet pays attention to all the cars parked along the streets of San
Francisco just to see the then common, now uncommon cars parked along
the streets?  MGs, Triumphs big Healeys, all the VW bugs & 356 Porches.

TeriAnn"

No, love to try to spot European cars in street scenes from American movies
of the 50s - 70s, love to watch European movies of the same era and spot the
rare and unusual cars.

I do notice mistakes sometimes in modern movies but it is more of a sport or
diversion than anything else.  Mistakes don't ruin the flick for me, one
thing that is prevalent, movies made today about about past eras, the cars
are of course generally from the approximate right period, but they are all
too nice, no rustbuckets or oil burners, of course they borrow cars from
enthusiasts and such, mostly fully restored, I am sure it would be pretty
hard to get a bunch of time warp original cars warts and all to fill a
street scene.

Greg Lemon

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive