[TR] TR3 Windshield Frame

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 Windshield Frame
From: Dave Massey <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 15:32:01 -0500 (EST)
I have disassembled my TR3 windshile frame which included removing the Tenax
fastners.  I fou8nd that in addition to the two that were missing some more
were epoxied in.  I know there was a thread just the other week about this and
the concensus was to use the through-the-frame fasteners and this is a viable
solution but since I am about to take the parts to be chrome plated I have the
opportunity to fix this in a way that I can avoid that since these may run
afoul of the glass.

Has anyone repaired these holes suitable for retapping.  I think the frame is
made of brass.  If so then perhaps it is possible to build up a bead of solder
and tap that.  Remember that these will go to the plater so any subtle
cosmetic damage can be repaired.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Massey

** triumphs@autox.team.net **