Re: [TR] TR6 stalling at idle

To: David Soknacki <soknacki@soknacki.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 stalling at idle
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 11:20:55 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
David,

How hot is it outside?

I have never experienced this problem on my 72. But I did install Hitachi SU HS6 carbs to avoid the diaphram problems with the ZS 175s. My idle is constant around 800 RPM no matter how cold or hot it is outside. Once I got the engine all set up last year, it has run like I would expect a rebuilt engine with new carbs and distributor.

Have you checked your diaphrams? Oil in the dampers? Timing? P.lug condition?

Bob