[TR] Best way to sell a TR-3B ?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Best way to sell a TR-3B ?
From: "Scott Jameson" <scott.jameson@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 12:45:11 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=swbell.net; s=s1024; t=1337449538; bh=6VeE7rz/RwEFDschzpxUvPPwFtS02cdeNuehuG1xqPM=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=c1btxpVVjIWV2LIebIxDKOseEX0qzN+q5+FZbLPhiFxUWjh91fr/4+tgonmEM+ajsFY3iANfcXBfgN5JKq1rH72XfvBEzbHqH1cWdZETO7xKAwD8LEA9t0nIYqPK+xSRXI5J77uOApHOOIeJmcJwq/eenZqYCO5JbrcKbn8itwM=
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
I've owned a TR-3B since the mid-90s and drove it occasionally, up until 4 or
5 years ago.  At that time, I took it to a local British car shop to see about
having the battery tray replaced and was told the frame was shot.  Not too
surprising, as it was a northeast car originally, but certainly disappointing.
The car has been sitting in my garage since then, while I've contemplated
doing a full restoration, and I now realize I don't have the time, money or
know how.

The car is mostly complete and appears largely unmodified.  It does have a
non-functioning electric fuel pump and doesn't currently run.  The engine
appears to be original, based on the BMIHT certificate, but I don't know if it
was previously rebuilt.  I've also accumulated various parts, primarily from
TRF, along the way, such as a clutch, exhaust system, brake lines, etc.

My question is what's the best way to try to sell this car ?  I know about
eBay, but are there more specialized sites ?  I believe there's some value in
it, even though it requires a full restoration.  I have enough emotional
attachment to the car to hope it could go to someone with the wherewithal to
restore it, as it seems a shame to lose one of these after 50 years.

Thanks for any advice or ideas,
Scott

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html