Re: [TR] winshield "tape"

To: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] winshield "tape"
From: William Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 07:31:11 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
What She said !!!  My windshield install cost $25.00, certainly cheaper than a
new Windshield.

On May 18, 2012, at 4:33 AM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman wrote:

> On 5/17/12 3:30 PM, Gary Nafziger wrote:
>> I'm working with the material I got from TRF for the
>> windshield but so far am scared to death I'll break the glass with the
present
>> stuff.  Just seems it'll take way to much force to get the windshield in
the
>> frame.
> There are certain jobs that go easy and quickly if performed by people who
do it all the time.  Jobs that can take a long time to do for a first timer or
someone who does it once a decade or lest often.  Jobs with a fairly high
chance of ruining something or not quite getting it right but being
committed.

> I put installing window glass in that category.  So I had a glass shop
install the glass for both my vehicles.  No fuss no sticky goo everywhere.  I
figure part of the restoration process is knowing what to farm out to the
people who do that type of thing all the time and do it well.

> Teriann

Bill Pugh
1957 TR3 "Casper"
TS16765L