[TR] Brake Fluid?

Subject: [TR] Brake Fluid?
From: yellowtr3 at yahoo.com (Frank Fisher)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:08:44 -0700 (PDT)
Dave
i saw all the warning signs on warranties but decided i was going to try
silicone on my TR3.
I'm so glad i did.
some of my joints leaked onto my newly
painted car.
friend #1 used same on his TR3. he had no leaks
friend #2 used
same on his TR3. he had joint leaks onto his new paint.
I'm into my car 3
years now and the only thing that may be getting upset by the silicone is my
hydraulic stop lamp switch. the original 50 year old switch lasted about 24
months. the new switch lasted 12 months and currently needs replacing. the
original may have just worn out and the replacements are always of unknown
quality usually of Chinese origin. if the new switch fails in 12 months ill be
thinking silicone ...maybe.
Friend #1 is 4 years into his with no problems.
friend #2 is 18 months into his with no problems.

recently worked on friend
#1's TR6. it had conventional fluif. we changed the brake master cylinder. the
next day we noticed the bonnet was completely covered in paint damage dots
caused by the fluif that had gotten into the air and settled on it. remember
the TR6 bonnet opens forward so how did it get airborn and settled? bummer! so
now we get to clear coat the bonnet as well.

your results may vary.
just my
experiences.
Frank