[TR] K & N air filters

Subject: [TR] K & N air filters
From: TR3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 11:49:14 -0700
> If so, I advise you to file a false advertising claim with
> the Feds.

Examine their ad copy carefully.  Nowhere do they claim that their filter
will remove even as much dirt as other filters.  It is a "better filter"
because it flows more air.  It removes "99% of dirt", but they don't say
what kind of dirt; small boulders perhaps.

And the FTC is nearly toothless anyway.  All they ever do anymore is wait a
few years, then get a token settlement.  The latest one against Sketchers is
a perfect example, the company made over $130 million just in 2010; the FTC
settled for less than 1/4 of one year's profits.  If you're lucky, you'll
get $20 back.  (I'll forego the obvious political comment.)

False advertising pays.

-- Randall