Re: [TR] TR6 Alternator conversion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Alternator conversion
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 18:44:09 -0500
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
I have never purchased anything from this company, but it looks like they have the alternator in question in stock.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Quality-Built/Alternator/MPA13107.html?apwcid=froogle&apw13107alqu

Roger Elliott

On 04/25/2012 11:32 PM, Sam Clark wrote:
<snip>
Others recommend to use a remanufactured '78 Ford Fiesta Bosch alternator
w/55A which
gives almost a bolt-on replacement. And I can use Dan's wiring schematics for
the electrical hookup. My main problem is locating the Fiesta alternator.
Does
anyone have a specific source for this Bosch alternator with fan and pulley?
spent hours trying to locate one that is remanufactured, carrying some sort
of
warranty. But, I have not yet found suppliers, like AutoZone, Summit, NAPA
nor
Pep Boys. I don't want to search at junk yards. Does anyone have any
recommendations?

Thanking in advance,
Jeff N.
'72 TR6

I have one under my workbench still in the box I'd sell you.  It wouldn't fit
my GT6 because of clearance problems with the bonnet strut.  FWIW I got it
from Rock Auto PN #13107.  I was saving it for my 72 TR6 when the factory
Delco gives it up.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive