[TR] Third Brake Light - TR3

To: "'TR List '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Third Brake Light - TR3
From: "Carl TR" <cfmtr3a@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:35:45 -0500
I just found a pair of NIB Lucas red lens L494 (fog) reverse lamp in a box
that was buried under some stuff I claimed from my father-in-law's garage
about the same time that I bought the project.  Also found a pair of halogen
headlights and some other goodies- none of it was in the inventory I made of
the project parts back in 2001 but sales receipts (from NY) are dated in the
1980-90's so they were part of the project purchase.  ($381 worth of
receipts.)

I don't think I'll use them for that purpose but am wondering about use as a
third brake light. There were also two lamp holders that mount on a badge
bar in the box. If I can do it, I may use one of the brackets on the back
upper rail of the luggage rack as a mounting point; feed the wires down
through the handle hole (or a new hole for that purpose hidden by the handle
base) and route it to the leading edge of the trunk lid/hinge area and then
to one of the rear brake lights.

Hopefully it won't look too cumbersome - but it can be removed with no ill
effects like drilling a hole somewhere for one. I'll finish up with one of
the Litezupp LED bulbs and get plenty of visibility from it.  I already have
a pair of LEDs for the Tail/Brake lights.

 I just had to share my find...

Carl

1961 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/