Re: [TR] minor lower fulcrum pin repair - TR2

To: "'list Triumph'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] minor lower fulcrum pin repair - TR2
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:02:01 -0800
> Going back to the book there are none in my factory service
> manual for the
> TR2 - steel bushings must have been a  later addition.

That's right, the TR2 used rubber bushings without sleeves; the change to
nylon bushings & sleeves was just after the introduction of the TR3 (TS9122
according to the SPC).  However, they were a factory-approved retrofit to
the earlier cars.

> I am thinking of  putting JB weld  or devcon steel
> on the pins
> before I slide steel bushes on

Probably overkill, but not likely to hurt anything until the next time you
(or your heir) wants to change those sleeves.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive