[TR] Off Topic - e-mail file repair

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Off Topic - e-mail file repair
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@notwires.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 16:23:26 -0600
Sorry to raise a non-TR question, but I know that several of the list members
have expertise in e-mail issues.  Until recently I was using Outlook Express
as my e-mail client software for personal e-mail (I use Outlook for work
related), but, in the course of some changes that my IT department made to my
old laptop, some of my OE storage folders were corrupted.  I found several
downloads on the web that purport to be able to fix OE .dbx files, but I am
wary about downloading an executable file unless I am confident that it is not
going to cause my computer a problem.  Can any of you recommend some software
that can fix my problems?  And, I understand that OE is not the best software
but it enabled me to separate work from personal e-mail so I stuck with it.
My new laptop has W7 so I have changed to Windows Live Mail for personal use,
which seems to work pretty well.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

** triumphs@autox.team.net **