[TR] blown headgasket without milky coolant or oil?

Subject: [TR] blown headgasket without milky coolant or oil?
From: tr4a2712 at yahoo.com (Cosmo Kramer)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 05:42:08 -0800 (PST)
Happy Holidays List!

Chris K. wrote:
It might work. There's a good chance
that you've got a lot of rust on
the studs, and even if it's no longer rusted
between the studs and the
head, there will be a lot of friction to overcome.
My suggestion Jeremiah, is AFTER you remove the head, immediately 'lock down'
the head as stated in the manual. I used large fender washers & pipe nipples
(of the proper length that you can measure) topped with fender washers & nuts
tightened down.

Then cover the piston heads & any openings so, NO debris can
fall inside them.

Now clean down the head studs where the head goes,
sometime before you install the new Head-gasket. Install new Head-gasket,
followed by coating the studs where the head goes with some anti-seize grease
BEFORE you place the head back on. This way it will be easier to remove the
head the next time, IF NECESSARY.
-Cosmo Kramer