[TR] Fluid recommendations

Subject: [TR] Fluid recommendations
From: yellowtr at adelphia.net (Bob Labuz)
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 11:28:41 -0500
Gary,

I use Brad Penn 20/50 racing oil all my Triumphs, 3, 4 and 6.
All engines have been rebuilt with hardened exhaust seats in the head.

I add a small bottle of ZDDP additive every oil change. I get the stuff
from Eastwood.

I use a GL4 80w oil in the gearbox and rear end from Napa. The steering
box gets penrite. Radiator gets 50/50 Prestone. I mix the anti freeze
myself using distilled H20 from a local drug store. Gas is the midgrade
89 octane. Grease is high temp with moly. I also have silicone brake
fluid in the 4 and 6. Std DOT 4 in the 3. If I ever have to rebuild the
hydraulics in the 3, it will get DOT 5 also.

All cars run and drive just great with no issues. Start right up every
time.

Bob