Re: [TR] TR3A Leak down test-final findings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Leak down test-final findings
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 22:41:02 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 12/24/2011 3:38:34 PM Central Standard Time,
ambritts@bellsouth.net writes:
> Anyone know if putting in an 87mm 4 ring would harm anything? Would
> appear
> not.........not sure about balance issues..............or anything else.

Harm? Probably not.  Back when I was in college I had a 65 MGB with a
knackered engine.  I pulled it apart and found two short skirt pistons and two
long skirt pistons.  The car ran fine for several years before I tore it down.
 If you're not going to rave it or drive it hard on the street it will
probably be fine.

The most bizzar piston mod I heard of was on a Model T that had a a bad
knock.  Turns out someone hand made a piston of hardwood.  Once it got hot it
preignited the gas pretty effectively.

Dave

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html