Re: [TR] TR4 CT9683L

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 CT9683L
From: Loumetelko@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 14:24:36 -0500 (EST)
hi, all.

Happy Holidays!  I'm sneaking some time on the  TR4 even though it's the
holidays.

my questions (and I apologize  since I can't find my original TR book):

1.  When did they switch  from SU to ZS?

2. which hood bulge should this car have?

According to TRA's Judging Guide  for the TR4 & 4A, the change from the SU
H6 to the Stromberg  CD-175 (ZS) occurred at engine number CT21471E.
Before that there was a  trial run of 100 from CT16801E to CT16901E.  When the
Stromberg CD-175  took effect they were factory issue for the balance of the
TR4 production and  even through the first 1 / 3 of the TR4A production.

The change to the "long" bulge on  the hood occurred very early in the TR4
production run at  CT6429.

Lou Metelko
Auburn,  Indiana

** triumphs@autox.team.net **