Re: [TR] TR3 Backup Light

To: "*Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Andrew S. Mace"
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Backup Light
From: "Alex" <ambritts@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 18:00:54 -0500
I have the Lucas period lights for clear backup and red fog mounted and
wired on my 59 TR3A.
The backup light is driven by a TR6 brake light switch mounted to the
tranny. When the car is placed in reverse the backup light comes on
automatically. When taken out of reverse it goes out. The red fog light
(rear) is activated by a Lucas period switch that is white with a center
light that goes on when it is pulled on.

The lights are mounted with chrome mounts that can be purchased at Wal-Mart
for under $10 and a little modification.

If someone can provide directions for attaching pictures, I have them of the
tranny bracket, switch, wiring setup as well as the mount on the rear.

Or I could forward the pictures to someone who can them load them into a
link of theirs for posting on the list for others to see. Let me know.

Alex Manzo
59 TR3A