[TR] TR6 Brake Upgrade

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR6 Brake Upgrade
From: "rcateb@comcast.net" <rcateb@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 21:25:51 +0000 (UTC)
On my 75 TR6 I did the Toyota 4 Runner calipers (4 pot calipers) and Toyota
rotors (Corolla I believe that were vented) about 4 years ago.
Cost was around $100 for the front. Replaced the rear cylinders with Alpine
(7/8 inch I believe) cylinders to balance the system.
Easy mod to the front with cutting off a small tab piece of the brake shield
and the fitting on the hard brake line into the caliper.
Repairing/replacing the Caliper and rotors with TR parts was easily 3 times the
amount. The rotor also required some enlargement in
the center hole to fit over the TR hub. This was easily completed with a die
grinder and some filing.
You may locate some postings on the TR sites for this setup however a lot of
these tech mod write ups seem to have been redacted due to
liability concerns.
good luck.

triumphs@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html