[TR] 1000 mile report on Herman's HVDA Transmission conversion

To: list Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] 1000 mile report on Herman's HVDA Transmission conversion
From: Chris Simo <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 19:14:44 -0400
--===============2037825859==

--20cf307d066253d0c004a36cd357

This has been a busy winter for me and the TR4.

My lovely wife got me one of Hermann's conversion kits for my birthday
almost 2 years ago.

it sat on the shelf, primarily due to job issues and I finally installed it
late last year.  Drove it for a few days and put 300 miles on it.  Overly
hot summer and lots of international travel so I did not drive it much after
that.

I rebuilt the engine over the winter and pulled evrying down.   Funny - the
clutch master cylinder was empty - I pulled the fittings off the hydraulic
release bearing and found it was faulty.  Talked to Herman - knowing I'd had
it for over 18 months - and he said he'd get me a replacement asap.  Awesome
guy to work with.

Engine rebuild complete - transmission back in car -  I'm at over 1000 miles
on the HVDA conversion and like it alot.   My wife can actually drive the
car now.   I think it's a good thing -  I've got to make more purchases for
my TR2 - so she's gets the whole british car disease now.

Either I was lucky or just put in some effort,  but I found 2 transmissions
with low mileage fairly easily - I did have to drive a little over an hour
to pick them up.

No financial interest here,  just a satisfied customer.

Chris

63 TR4
54 TR2

--20cf307d066253d0c004a36cd357

hday almost 2 years ago.</div>
ed it late last year.=A0 Drove it for a few days and put 300 miles on it.=
=A0 Overly hot summer and lots of international travel so=A0I did not drive=
 it much after that.=A0=A0</div>

nny - the clutch master cylinder was empty - I pulled the fittings off the =
hydraulic release bearing and found it was faulty.=A0 Talked to Herman - kn=
owing I&#39;d had it for over 18 months - and he said he&#39;d get me a rep=
lacement asap.=A0 Awesome guy to work with.=A0 </div>

r 1000 miles on the HVDA conversion and like it alot.=A0=A0 My wife can act=
ually drive the car now.=A0=A0 I think it&#39;s a good thing -=A0 I&#39;ve =
got to make more purchases for my TR2 - so she&#39;s gets the whole british=
 car disease now.</div>

issions with low mileage fairly easily - I did have to drive a little over =
an hour to pick them up.=A0</div>

triumphs@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive