Re: [TR] Recommendations for dark BRG paint codes?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Recommendations for dark BRG paint codes?
From: John Macartney <macartney.john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 14:27:34 +0100 (BST)
I've been following this thread and would just add my HO on what constitute=
s =

British Racing Green.
For a start and contrary to popular opinion,=A0there is no true colour blen=
d or =

mix for BRG. True BRG has a substantial amount of Olive green in it and the =

nearest you'll get to what many on this side of the Atlantic (UK) feel is t=
he =

*right* shade is to examine pre-war Bentleys of the pre-Rolls Royce era. Ev=
en =

that isn't an exact science as many have been repainted, but the Bentley Ow=
ners =

Club (so I was told in 2002) still keeps the original colour mix formula fo=
r =

those who truly aspire to emulating the original colour. Don't know whether=
 it =

is willing to impart the info - but it might, for a donation to club funds?
All other 'British Racing Greens' of the post-war mass production era on As=
tons, =

Healeys, Jaguars, MG's,=A0Sunbeams and=A0Triumphs (to name but a few) are j=
ust not =

true British Racing Green.
=A0
Jonmac