[TR] Hub races are parallel? -follow up

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Hub races are parallel? -follow up
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 07:36:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hi List!

This=A0year (around the beginning of Jan.) I asked the list about how to de=
tect if =

the Front Hub Races are parallel. I want to thank everyone who replied, & I=
'm =

giving you the follow up on this thread.

It was pointed that the hub races could be placed in NOT parallel, but woul=
d be =

not likely because of the force placed on them when driving. Then I stated =
that =

I was having wheel wobble & thinking at=A0might have been the problem when =
I went =

to check it with a dial indicator. =

Again, thank you all for replying on different ways of setting this up to c=
heck =

the hub. =

I did use the dial indicator on the both sides to compare readings & check =
if =

the other hub was out, too. I took the=A0trouble hub reading to find it out=
 .033" =

& the rotor out .003". The other side readings were=A0 both within .003". =

Therefore I concluded that the hub was the problem. I then checked out anot=
her =

hub & rotor=A0to find that reading is with in=A0.003". =

Thus I=A0swapped the=A0bad hub=A0with the good one. =

I think the problem should be resolved, but=A0I would like another person t=
o drive =

along side of me to check it out for sure when I driving around 65ish MPH.

I know the list is interested in reading follow ups & knowing that their in=
put =

was used. THANK YOU ALL, again,=A0for your input.-Cosmo Kramer =

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive