[TR] Specifications of warp in front hub?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Specifications of warp in front hub?
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 06:15:37 -0800 (PST)
Hi List!

Well, I sent this (or at least I thought that I sent it) yesterday, then =

received my TR Digest & did NOT see it posted & I haven't received another =
TR =

Digest yet. So I'm sending it again, to explain why you have seen this thre=
ad =

before.

I took the advice of the list to measure the difference in lateral deviatio=
n in =

my front hub, because people who drive by me yell to me that my left. F. =

wheel=A0has a wobble in it.=A0Using the dial indicator attached to a magnet=
ic base & =

the dial's needle out to the outside edge of the hub's face. I then moved =

the=A0rotor in a circular forward motion without turning the rotor=A0latera=
lly left =

or right.

.030" is the lateral deviation of the hub's face, or the amount of warp of =
the =

hub''s face.

Questions:
1- What is the=A0max. amount of warp excepted in the front hub before havin=
g the =

hub's face resurfaced?=A0 I know that the max. amount of warp on the flywhe=
el is =

no more than .003", but what's it for the front hub before having to have i=
t =

refaced?

2- I found that one wheel stud was so loose that I could push it out with j=
ust =

my figure. Could that be the cause of the wheel wobble?=A0=A0=A0 I can fix =
that later, =

but I'm wondering if I need to have the hub resurfaced, because I'll then h=
ave =

to disassemble the hub from the rotor & remove all the 4 wheel studs before =

taking it to a machinist.

3- Can this operation take place on a normal lath?=A0=A0 OR=A0=A0 Is there =
a special =

machine to do this operation?
TIA,-Cosmo Kramer =

      =